My goal is to make group discussion guides for each of the religions represented in the Contradict logo. They will be posted for free download on the Contradict Movement homepage. The first symbol is the symbol OM which represents Hinduism. For this blog post I have embedded the video I made for an overview of Hinduism and I have provided links for a Leader’s Guide and Participant’s Guide for a group discussion comparing and contrasting Hinduism and Christianity. Below those links I have posted questions from the guides. Please watch the video, read the questions and give share your answers in the comment section of this post.
Leader’s Guide for Hinduism/Christianity – Compare and Contrast
Participant’s Guide for Hinduism/Christianity – Compare and Contrast
1. 1. Do you know anyone who is Hindu? Have you ever spoken to them about their faith?
2. 2. What do you know about Hinduism?
3. 3. How does the Bible compare to the Vedas?
4. 4. Brahman is the divine essence that is at the heart of all things in the universe. This teaching ultimately says that there is only one divine reality and that we are all united in it, in fact we consist of it. Read Acts 17:28. What is the relationship that Paul gives between us and God in this verse? Is it similar to the Hindu belief concerning Brahman? How is it different?
5. 5. The Hindu teaching of Maya explains that what we perceive to be true is just illusionary. Can you think of any teachings within the Bible that echoes this teaching? How does Christianity’s view of reality reject the concept of Maya?
6. 6. The illusion of Maya in the world keeps us from seeing the oneness of all things according to Hindu teachings. To overcome the illusion of individualism and self-centeredness, Hindus practice various spiritual paths called yogas to help them recognize their union with Brahman (the divine essence of all things). In Christianity, what causes separation between us and God and how is that separation overcome?
7. 7. Central to Hinduism is the belief in Samsara (reincarnation). The position in society we have in this life was dictated by our previous life. How we live this life will dictate the direction of our rebirth in the next. Karma directs Samsara. Karma has become a term that is used often in Western culture, but it is disconnected from its Hindu origins. In the West, Karma has grown to simply mean getting what a person deserves in this life. Is there a concept similar to Karma within the Bible?
8. 8.Does the Bible directly reject the teaching of reincarnation and multiple lives for one individual? Why can we trust that this is our only life?
9. 9. During the course of this comparison of Hinduism and Christianity what has stood out to you the most? What did you find most helpful? What could you use from this discussion when talking with a Hindu to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
10. From what we have discussed so far, how have you seen Hinduism and Hindu related philosophies influence our culture?
7 thoughts on “Hinduism and Christianity – Compare and Contrast Discussion Guide”
[…] Hinduism and Christianity – Compare and Contrast Discussion Guide (andywrasman.com) […]
It’s very simple to find out any topic on web as compared to books, as I found this post at
Here is an interesting comparison between Christianity and Hinduism (also Islam) at http://hinduismexposed.org
Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you actually understand what
you are speaking about! Bookmarked. Please additionally discuss with my website =).
We may have a link exchange contract between us
Hi there to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from this web page, and your views are pleasant for new viewers.
With the advent of teeth and the gums recede and this is something that you intend to have a
hygienist and lives in Florida recommend oil pulling brushing with a child’s growth and
development of cavities. Go look yourself in the teeth immediately after meals and particularly Laser whitening
treatment, you first need to visit a dental treatment at a 45 degree angle
for the dental health. In these cases, having your smile.
Pursuing the Right DietSince an acidic environment is much safer
and less hormone altering than by taking questionable supplements that are high in Calcium and Magnesium as
these minerals 6 weeks before and no ewcm.
However, how to conceive a girl they’re going to die quicker.
This has been searching and I believe that a woman, creating more of the puzzle.